Thursday, September 4, 2008

When my phone rang at about 9:20 I thought it was going to be a work related headache. Upon hearing Casey's teacher on the other end of the phone, I immediately thought I was going to hear news of vomiting or injury requiring an ambulance ride. Instead, she informed me that he had been bitten. He was ok--no broken skin, back to playing after they iced it--but the policy is to alert the parents (and I don't think they wanted me to freak out when I went to get him & saw chopper marks on his poor little cheek). He was fine when I went to pick him up, save for the bite shaped bruise on his cheek. His little girlfriend bit him when he wouldn't give her the toy he was playing with. He went back to playing with the little girl after she was done with her time out & he was released from being iced.

I did receive a lovely pamphlet on the biting policy from the CDC, which I suppose could be considered a "we let someone try to eat your child...sorry" gift. Casey called it a book & unfolded & folded it the whole ride home, saying book every 20 seconds.

No comments: