Thursday, March 12, 2009

Casey & I are home sick today. Rather Casey is home "sick" and I'm home with him. He had a stuffy nose yesterday...then his left eye got a little puffy. It was crusted shut this morning, so I took him to see Dr. Sue. He talked about Dr. Sue while we drove there & in the waiting room. He stood on the scale all by himself, then he high-fived Dr. Sue when she came in the exam room. He showed her Mickey Mouse & pointed out every item he knew the name of, including mommy, Casey, sneakers, chair, Dr. Sue...he pretty much talked the whole time we were with her. His cousin Brady had pink eye last week. Somehow Brady managed to infect Casey all the way from FL.** He also has a double ear infection.He didn't have a fever or complain of a sore ear, so if he hadn't had a goopy eye, I would never have thought to take him to the doctor. The nurse took a culture of the eye goop & Casey didn't even flinch. On our way out Dr. Sue told me that we (Matt & I) are very good with Casey & she thinks that's part of the reason he doesn't freak about shots/eye cultures/tongue depressors/getting checked out, which I of course loved hearing. After I patted myself on the back, we headed to the pharmacy for Casey's Rx's. They filled them quickly because they were for a sick child, which was lovely. Then I got the boy a sick day Happy Meal for lunch to make him happy. Really, it was because he wanted a hambuhgerger (that's hamburger in Casey speak) and I did not have any on hand at home. Upon returning home, Casey washed his own hands standing on a bench in the bathroom (there was adult supervision, i didn't just let him loose in there). Then we put in his eye drops (which he was totally cool about, much unlike Aunt Cristen) and took his medicine. He ate most of his cheeseburger, a bunch of fries (they were out of apples, and he requested fries anyway) and drank his entire milk. After playing a bit, he took a nap.
He is currently bouncing balls & crashing cars on the floor. I will post pictures of him eating his Happy Meal Later. He kept asking "Camera, bite?" and offering the camera a bite of his fries.

**Please note I do not really think infection with pink eye from FL is possible, unless Brady is a master germ spreader or has super powers.

No comments: