After all of the pre-Thanksgiving excitement, things have calmed down quite a bit. Casey was back in daycare this week, and I'm not sure who missed whom more. Carrie spent the week home recuperating. We did manage to get the house decorated for Chrismukkah, inside and out. Casey got a much needed haircut, driven by the intent of a picture with Santa, but the lines were too long. Not a total loss as he managed to score some sweet new sneakers. He hasn't been complaining, but we realized that his size 5 and 1/2 feet have been shoehorned into size 5 sneaks for sometime now.
I'm not sure how much he understands about Christmas, but Casey can spot a Santa faster than he can spot a dog (he's like a dogspotting suerhero), and each Santa is marked with a 'ho-ho'. There are no official Hanukkah icons for Casey to associate with, and he is too young to understand Hanukkah Harry or Yenta Claus, but I'm sure will love to eat and/or throw the gelt.
No comments:
Post a Comment