Thursday, January 3, 2008

At our visit to the dr yesterday Casey weighed 15.8 lbs. That means he's lost over 1 1/2 pounds with his latest illness. He DOES NOT have an ear infection, contrary to stupid doctor from the 26ths diagnosis. He is still getting over a particularly bad bout of a stomach virus. Due to his constant pooping, he's got pretty nasty looking diaper rash, which he now has some magic cream to cure. Because he's had the squirts for so long, the very nice new pediatrician sent us home a stool sample collection kit so she can rule out a bacterial infection. I can now say from experience that it takes more time than one would think to scoop a vial full of baby poo out of a diaper with a tiny scooper--think of the old coffee stirrers from McDonalds, the white ones with the little spoon on the end. I can also say from experience that you will do things you never imagined when you have kids...you won't throw up when they puke on you, you won't mind having bananas all over your clothes, and you might be lucky enough to scoop poo.
Grandma (Z) watched him today so he didn't have to go to baby prison (daycare) today, which was lovely of her. Per her report he was very good all day, but he screamed for a good hour this evening and wouldn't sit in the tub. Perhaps his rashy bum is causing him pain? Perhaps it's the new teeth he's working on? If only babies came with a decoder ring...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the decoder ring :)

Jay said...

I too lost about a pound and a half over the holidays thanks to his gift to me. But I guess he lost quite a bit more percentage-wise.
And I did not post the anonymous comment above, in case you're wondering.